As the work piles up, stress also goes up. This stress is further compounded by physical discomfort in the office workplace, resulting in productivity loss and high risk exposure.
According to studies:
- an employee will lose a minimum of 33% performance per hour due to physical discomfort
- a computer user experiencing discomfort pulls “off task” 5 minutes out of every 15 minutes due to stress
The physical stress of workplace discomfort robs organizations of billions of dollars annually due to:
- inefficiencies & work loss
- higher error rates
- increased workers’ compensation claims
- rising health insurance costs
It is therefore, essential to focus on interventions that improve comfort and therefore productivity in the office. Please contact us for innovative ergonomics solutions to increase comfort.